"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "

~Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, October 2, 2008

A week in the life of our FamLee: Wednesday

First thought this morning...ugh, morning already!
Roll out of bed, into shower, get ready for the day
First thing I see this morning is messy kitchen...
Clean it up (can't do anything until it's taken care of) & admire my grape juice from last night.
Head to music/play group with some friends (Beth is our awesome music leader)
Home in time to make lunch...yummy grilled cheese!
Daughter heads to school & I take a moment to enjoy a little one-on-one with the little man as he finishes his lunch.
Post Tuesday on my blog
The little man goes down for a nap & I get to work canning
Here's my peach process
Have some leftover peaches so I make a cobbler
The little man wakes up & is even in a good mood...always a plus!
The daughter returns from school and is happy to be home.
I take more pictures of our day
Thaw some of this...what is it you ask?
Fish food...proof that I do feed my fish (I will admit there are days I forget)
The little man puts on his new helmet...found on a clearance for $2.99 at Target!
Trying it out with the his bike...got to make sure that it works!
Randy emerges from the cave we call the office (he's working from home this week)
Snatch him & head to Costco
To get the normal milk, bread, soda and a toaster. Ours had a major malfunction this morning.
Realize that's 6:30 & I haven't though about dinner, grab hot dogs before leaving Costco. Love that I feed the family for $6 two days in a row!
Fuel up the car before leaving (Randy very thrilled that I took a picture of him in front of everyone) and head for home.
Decide to suck it up and stop at the car wash. I hate paying $7 for them to kinda wash my car but haven't found the time to do it myself this week.
Get home, children are exhausted, have a few break downs while getting ready for bed...so pitiful
Read scriptures, put the kids to bed, we watch Dancing with the Stars while I can more peaches.
While waiting for the peaches to process, clean the kitchen so wont have to do it in the morning...
Finally make it to bed at 1...good night!

2 comments:

RedWarthen said...

I have got to learn how to do that (the clean the kitchen before going to bed so that's not the first thing you see in the morning)!

Joleen said...

Well your kitchen looked great last night! Especially the stove!!
And thanks for the YUMMY treat! I need the recipe!!! It was fun just hanging out with you and Angie!