"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "

~Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, October 5, 2008

A week in the life of our FamLee: Friday

As I sat down to post yesterday (Saturday) it occurred to me that I never posted or recorded our Friday. Now two days later, it's a bit fuzzy but here are the highlights & there accompanying thoughts:

No school today for the second day in a row (teachers are in service)
Everyone sleeps in until 8am...I love it!
Randy heads to the office, it pouring outside...ugh!
The kids and I have a really hard time getting moving this morning. Get everyone dress & curl up on the couch to watch some Cosby.
From Cosby's view
I do some blogging, e-mailing, and general Internet surfing
Have leftover batter from last night, so I make Monte Cristo sandwiches for lunch...
The daughter's first taste and she's hooked...she enjoys being able to dip her sandwich in jelly more than the actually sandwich but happily finishes it all!
The little man has no idea that his is just a grill cheese sandwich...blissfully enjoys it anyway!
Lacking focus today, make a list so that I can see progress. Add somethings that I have already done so that I can cross them off...that feels better! :)
Vacuum & mop the floors
Do laundry...5 loads to be exact!
Daughter enjoys sometime alone while the little man takes a nap.
A mommy/daughter moment
Orange Chicken for dinner...yummy!
The men do the dishes, brings a smile to my face!
It's jammie time!!!
Scripture time before bed...read for a children's book before reading from the New Testament.
Clean the fish tank...badly needed a water change.
I can't really recall what we did exactly the rest of the night. Just kind of talked, played on the computer a bit & headed to bed early for a change. It was a wild Friday night, I know!

2 comments:

Joleen said...

I do the same thing when I make a to do list! Ya goota see some progress right from the beginning to give you a head start right?!?!

RedWarthen said...

Those sandwhiches look good. Can I get the recipe? Did you make the orange chicken? Looks sooooo good!