"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "

~Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, October 6, 2008

A week in the life of our FamLee: Monday

I did it! Despite not starting it until Tuesday, I stuck with it & today marks the end of my week! It has been a lot of fun & has made me stop and evaluate things. More on that later...for now here is the last day of the challenge:

Alarm went off and 7, only hit the snooze twice before turning it off and laying in bed for another 10 minutes.

Workout for 30 minutes, shower & get dressed.

Mondays are weight in day...gained 3.5 lbs but okay with it. Was totally off plan last week & enjoyed it. Will focus on getting moving & working back into my plan this week.

The daughter calls her grandma to tell her about the frog/fish situation. Middle of the night we are woke up by screaming... come to find out the daughter had gotten up to go potty and saw here frog biting her fish. Never have we had that happen in the year of having frogs & fish in the same tank. It was quite the sight! We separated them and sent her back to bed. Now she wants to bring the frog back to my parents' store. Listen proud to hear that she is finding a solution to her problem and is telling someone about it...great communication today!

Talk to my mom & dad for awhile...talking to them makes me miss being close & involved.

Work on the books for the company

Feed the kids lunch...crackers, ham, and cheese. Our own version of a lunchable...tell your kids it's a lunchable and they'll gobble them right up.
The daughter goes to school...
Notice the tree's have changed colors more since yesterday...
boy takes a nap, & I pay the bills...never fun!
Drop off mail at the post office & remembered to check my mail.
Finally received my rebate from my phone (that I got in MARCH!). Forgot to mention that earlier in the week I had called on the company & got it all straightened out. Turns out they sent it to our old address despite calling the rebate center months ago to make sure that they had our new address...frustrating but happy to have it all worked out now!
Randy finished work & we head out to the mall area. Wander around Best Buy and then head over to Old Navy. I used my rebate to get a new pair of jeans.

Get home way past bedtime, read scriptures together and the kids go to bed.

Randy & I watch Dancing with the stars and check e-mail before heading to bed ourselves.

No comments: