"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "

~Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A week in the life of our FamLee: review

I have to admit that the last two days I have wondered around a bit bored. Not because I have nothing to do, I have tons! But because I haven't been taking pictures as I go about the day. It seems a bit boring not taking pictures all the time as I do my chores. It added a bit of excitement to a boring thing like sweeping, if that is possible!

Here are some of the things that I have learned from the experience:
New camera settings: It really gave me an excuse to play with the manual settings and I have actually found a new setting I like to operate on now!
Capture the moment: I have been taking less and less pictures of life recently and had been focusing on getting cute smiley pictures instead. This has helped me get back to my original vision of photography (if I can even call it that?!).
Slow down: The first couple of days I was so busy with needing to be productive that I didn't spend very much time with my family. It helped me see what I was doing and then to cut out what wasn't important so I could spend more time with my family...They're what it's all about!
Create in the moment: I spend a lot of time working on persevering the past, that I hardly ever work in the present. This project has allowed me to work on something as it happens. Currently I'm working on putting it into a book. My vision: every year document a week & add to the book. It will be fun to look back and see what life was like when my kids were little and what I worried about.
Life is never normal: At first I was concerned because it wasn't a "normal" week at our house with me canning but the more I think about it the more I feel like its as close to normal as we get around here! If it wasn't canning it would be something else. At this moment I'm forced to cook in a little corner of the kitchen because I have stuff spread out in the kitchen. I'm working on putting together book for a girls weekend...it's always something!

I hope you have been inspired to capture moments in your life as they happen!

3 comments:

stylist to the stars said...

It was really fun to read about your family life. I wish you guys lived closer. See you this Saturday.

Trista said...

I really enjoyed your posts this week--I tried it once while Russ was gone and it really did make things more fun!! lol. Great idea with the book though!!

I think I'll give this a try again as it was fun to watch yours. Unfortunately that means I have to get my butt in the shower early so I can actually be in some of the photos! lol

Gosfam said...

I loved your Week in The Life!! So Cute, I wish I had time to do that. Maybe I will do a weekend when we are actually together.