
THE INGREDIENTS
BATTER
2/3 cup water
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon white pepper (it calls for white pepper but just use the black pepper in my shaker) 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
SANDWICHES
8 slices white bread
4 slices roasted cooked turkey
4 slices Swiss cheese
4 slices smoked ham
vegetable oil, for frying
GARNISH
powdered sugar, for dusting
current jelly or raspberry jam, for dipping
HERE'S HOW YOU MAKE THEM:
1. Place water, egg, salt, and pepper in a bowl and using an electric mixer, mix well at low speed. Add flour and baking powder and mix until batter is smooth. Chill.

2. Make 4 sandwiches, putting cheese between ham and turkey. Cut into fourths and put a toothpick through each quarter. (I personally never use toothpicks as they tend to make things more difficult when pan frying. If you are using a deep fryer then they are a must!)
3. Heat approximately 1/4" of oil in a large frying pan or use a deep fryer with 6" of oil (yuck!). Dip sandwiches in batter to cover all surfaces. fry sandwiches until golden brown, turning as needed.

4. Remove from oil and take out toothpicks (if you use them). Drain on paper towel to remove excess oil. Sprinkle sandwiches with confectioners' sugar. Serve with warm jam for dipping.
ENJOY!!!

TIP: For your children that don't like meat sandwiches, try making them with just cheese. We have done them with White Cheddar & Swiss and they were Delicious!! Experiment and make them your own!
5 comments:
MMMmmmmmmm!!!! I'm thinking Dinner on Wednesday! I would say tomorrow- but I'm making Potato Chowder!!! I'll get you the recipe for that as soon as I find it!
Sounds soooo good. I love those sandwiches. You need to try the one at the tea house down the street from you.
Thanks a bunch!!
I love them. So so yummy!! My batter was just like french toast basically, so yours sounds more YUMMY!! Will have to try that out.
I had to come track this recipe down 'cause I'm totally craving these!!!! :D
Post a Comment