"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "

~Gordon B. Hinckley

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Friday Adventures

What a nice yet odd day we have had running errands and playing together... while the Daughter was traveling to Aberdeen... to get these... Yep, those are potatoes! She hand picked 500lbs of spuds...that's right I said 500 POUNDS!!! Obviously with help :)
[10] 50lb bags all tucked in. Does it look like that many? For some reason I envisioned 500 lbs to be much bigger!
As fast as they arrive, they were gone...bye Papa! Many thanks to Papa & Aunt Mindy for stopping to visit on their way to collect spuds & for taking the Daughter along! She had a great time and is still taking about it! Plus, it gave Randy & I the opportunity to spend the day playing with the little man...how often does that happen?!
Now what shall we have for dinner?

2 comments:

mindsers said...

yeah 500 lbs may not look like much but try filling all those bags and tell me how much it is. :) We had such a good time seeing you guys - as brief as it was. Thanks for letting us steal your little helper, she made the trip incredibly entertaining. :)

Joleen said...

Looks like fun!
I'm making Yummy Potato Chowder today. Check out my blog later for the recipe! :D