"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "

~Gordon B. Hinckley

Friday, October 3, 2008

A week in the life of our FamLee: Thursday

Everyone sleeps in a bit...Hurray!!!

Randy & I both do our own get ready for the day routines and Randy heads to the office.

I realize it's garbage day & hurry to the curb with the cans before the truck comes around the corner...nothing gets you going like running with the stinky garbage can!
Notice that signs of fall are beginning to appear...take a moment to enjoy the beauty (& snap a picture)
Ran out of time yesterday morning to bath the kids so in the tub they go this morning...mother of the year!
The daughter wants to do her hair all by herself this morning...I'm not worried since we don't have to go anywhere & she has no school today. Not worth the battle!
Admire last nights canning efforts & smile knowing that I'm done!
Put away the canning equipment & discover that my stove has taken a beating...
Scrub & scrub but finally get it clean!
While making lunch daughter declares she doesn't want baked potatoes despite being delicious!
Instead she makes herself easy-mac. Here's our lunch rule: if you don't want what I'm making, you can make easy-mac or a jelly sandwich as long as you make it yourself! I do not work in a restaurant for a reason!
Balance the books for work while the kids take a rest.
The daughter decides coloring on her camera is a good idea...it smears everywhere she trys wiping it off with her SHIRT! It's now all over her & the couch!
Scrub & scrub the camera & it wont all come off...now it looks like this!
Scrub & scrub the couch & it got worse instead of better...now we have teal spots all over it (no more flips for that cushion left!). Remind myself to breath & throw away all markers!!!

Daughter is really sorry & is scared that we wont have a couch, we spend a bit talking together, reasure her that we are not throwing away the couch & are on good terms again.

Daughter decides she will now eat her leftover lunch...cold easy-mac....yummmmm!
I clean the bathrooms and wonder how a bathroom can get so gross so fast?! Seriously, just cleaned it Monday!

Randy takes a break from work & chats with me for a few minutes before going back to work...
I enjoy having him home to talk but have a hard time not bugging him when he is only this far away...
Discover this all over the house...Who thought glitter was a good idea?! (the picture doesn't do the mess Justice but you get the idea...EVERYWHERE!)
Sweep & sweep trying to get it all up & try to come up with a plan to ban glitter from schools!
The kids enjoy playing with each other before bed
Joleen & Angie come over as the kids are getting in bed. We start making a late dinner (I promise I feed my kids before sending them to bed!)
We put in The count of Monte Cristo DVD
and eat Monte Cristo sandwiches...yummy!
Had a great time with the girls comparing the book to the movie & of course chatting!

Another fun yet busy day has past.

1 comment:

Joleen said...

Dang girl- those sandwiches were sooo good!! Thanks for hosting the fun movie night! You rock!

I threw away all of our marker too! The big kids kept leaving them all over the house and the twins love to eat them, and when they found one with a loose cap.........Yikes!!!