Before I can tell you what has made me smile so far today, I must fill you what has been going on this past weekend at our house. We had a great day Saturday playing with good friends and celebrating our daughter's birthday (I'll post the pics soon). All was fine when Randy & I headed to bed, but before I had even fallen asleep, I heard weird noises coming from the kids' room. Come to found out our daughter was not feeling well at all and she ended up spending the rest of the night in the bathroom. By the time she was feeling a bit better and finally back to sleep (8a.m.ish), our son started getting sick. So needless to say the kids have not been feeling well, we missed the much anticipated primary program and I've not been sleeping much.
Now that you are caught up, I was woke up this morning not by sick kids but by kind words coming through the monitor. Our daughter had taken a pillow and blanket and was laying next to her whining brother's crib, singing, "it's okay, close your eyes, I love you brother." It's moments like that that make me truly happy!
Wow, sorry for such a long set up...I'll have to come up with more things that make me happy...maybe it will be a Top Ten Tuesday post for tomorrow. Hummm...
2 comments:
Being sick is the pits!!
The ONE bonus is that I lost almost 5 pounds while I was too sick to eat!! :D
Sorry about the sick kids, but what a sweet brother sister moment. Too cute.
Post a Comment