To get into the spirit of Thanksgiving, I thought I would list 5 things I am grateful for each day this week. We'll see if I can keep it up. :)
1. My kitchen Aid mixer. I often wonder how I ever survived without one as it makes baking so much easier!
2. Our friendly mailman. He sings Happy Birthday to the kids (on their birthday, other wise he'd be more weird than friendly), stops to talk if we're outside, and always knows what's going on with everyone in the neighborhood.
3. Children that enjoy shopping. It makes running errands so much more pleasant. Don't get me wrong they have their limit to the amount of time they will be pleasant but more often than not they exceed my shopping patience. The daughter especially loves mall shopping and rarely will tire from it.
4. The leaves are off the trees. Don't get me wrong I love the leaves on the trees, all winter long they look so bare and drab. However after raking for countless weekends, I'm glad that they're gone! Now we just have to catch all the ones that are circling the neighborhood (and seem to settle up against the garage door) so we can retire the rake for another year.
5. A garage to park in. I love that the car is warm (or at least warmer than outside!) when we get in and I don't have to scrape windows before I go somewhere. It was pouring down rain/snow mix this afternoon when I went grocery shopping and being able to pull in to a covered, dry area to unload the bags was great!
There you have it, 5 things that I'm thankful for today. Today was a good day!
3 comments:
Is your mail man Chuck? Long hair, facial hair? Gives candy to the kids? If it is I love him. My girls run out to his truck everyday! I have always wanted a neat mail carrier. I think it is awesome for the kids! A good childhood memory! :)
Yep, it's Chuck!
The 1st time Karina saw Chuck (she was 1 1/2) she asked if he was Jesus!! (Yes-she could talk that well at 18 months!!!) He has been our mailman for-ever!!!! He was Cindy's even before we moved in.....5+ year ago! He is so fun!
How weird is it that we have our mailman's phone #?
Post a Comment