"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "

~Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Grateful Journal Day 2

1. A good church ward. We have been blessed to have our house be in a great ward with young families. We have made great friends and at times I feel like we have been here for years!
2. My crockpot. With our church not starting until 2:30, we rarely get home until 6. It's so nice to be able to walk through the door and have dinner ready for us to devour.
3. Heating. On a foggy, cold day like today, I'm very thankful for a good heater that has kept our house nice and toasty. I'm glad we don't have to crowd around a stove or fireplace to keep warm like they had to in the past. I don't do cold well!
4. Music. What a wonderful medium! It can change attitudes, evoke feelings, and bring back memories of our pasts.
5. Nap-time. If it wasn't for the kids taking naps, I don't know how I would ever find the time to blog!
We have survived another Sunday together and are ready to face the week ahead of us!

2 comments:

Alli Blue said...

Another great post! They always give me lot's to think about! Josh is so adorable! I love how he sat with Bro. Larson today! Too cute! He has such a sweet spirit! :)

Joleen said...

Sure- he would sit with Darin..but not me! How rude!

I too love this ward....and I have been here for years...and I still love it! But I can't wait for the early time again! I HATE 2:30!!!! :D