"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "

~Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Chocolaty goodness!

Here's a super yummy (& easy) treat. We whipped this up while we work working around the house. It sure was a treat to finish the chores and have a cup of gooey chocolaty goodness waiting for us!

Here's the recipe:

*1 box of your favorite brownie mix (depending on the amount of mugs, you may need a family size or 2 boxes of mix)
*the ingredients needed for the mix
*1 big crockpot (I used my 6 qt.)
*as many mugs as will fit in your crockpot (mine fit 9 small mugs...I think they were perfect, Randy says they needed to be bigger. He's a quarter of a pie kind of guy!)
Here's how you make it:

*Spray mugs with cooking spray and arrange in crockpot
*Make brownie batter according to box directions
*Fill mugs 1/2 to 2/3 full of batter
*Cover crockpot and cook on high 1 1/2 - 3 hours until desired doneness. (I cooked ours for 2 1/2 hrs & some were a little over done for my liking. Next time I will shorted the cook time)*Turn off crockpot and remove lid, let mugs cool
*When mugs are cool enough to be handled, remove, top with ice cream or whip cream and ENJOY!

P.S. I got this idea from the Year of Crockpotting blog. Check it out, you'll find lots of great recipes.

3 comments:

Joleen said...

I am SOOO doing this tonight! YUMMY!
I think we need more ice cream! Off to the store for the 4th time this week!!!!

Gosfam said...

That sounds really YUMMY!! I need to get a bigger crockpot first. I still have like a 2qt from our wedding and it just won't do the trick anymore.

Alli Blue said...

You are so dang cute! I am going to check out that crockin' blog!