"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "

~Gordon B. Hinckley

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Carmel Corn

During our Labor Day partiness, we made super yummy carmel corn from scratch! It is SO yummy!!!

Warning: it is super addictive and will not last more than a night before your family scarfs it all up!
Here's the recipe:

1 Cup unpoped popcorn (I use 1 1/4 Cups, to cut down the points per serving)
1/2 C butter or marg. (1 stick)
1 C brown sugar
1/4 C light Karo syrup
1/2 t salt
1/2 t baking soda

*Pop popcorn & pour into a really big bowl; set aside.
*Melt butter in a small pot over medium heat. Add brown sugar and Karo syrup. Stir constantly and bring to a boil.
*Add salt and let boil 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
*Remove from heat and mix in baking soda. It will become foamy.
*Pour carmel mixture over popcorn.
*Gently stir popcorn & pile popcorn on to baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
*Bake at 200 degrees for 1 hour to harden.
*Removed from oven and enjoy
*Store in Ziploc bags, if it even lasts that long!

4 comments:

Alli Blue said...

I cannot make this without BURNING my fingers when I spread it out on the table!

Joleen said...

Oh my HECK it was yummy!!! :D
Thanks!!!!

Anonymous said...

When I came home from your house I made it too... It is the best!
It doesn't last at our house either.
Megan

Gosfam said...

I will have to try this, my mom makes one that is similar, and hers is delicious too. You can never have too many caramel corn recipes.