Bright and early this morning I was greeted by not one but TWO Christmas ads in my inbox pushing this years "must have" toys. Did I blink and miss November? Time has been flying by recently. Has Thanksgiving be completely forgotten? Or has it too, been consumed by the commercialism of the Christmas season?
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Christmas season and can be found pull out the festive decorations the weekend after Thanksgiving. I've even been know to have a good part of my shopping done before the big Turkey Day. However, Thanksgiving is still a very big deal in my heart. It's a time to reflect on all that we have been blessed with rather than that which we are lacking. It's a chance to gather with our family and friends that we love dearly. Plus, we consume some seriously delicious food. What's not to love about that?
For my house, you will find the Autumn decorations hung with care, Christmas ads being ignored, blessing being reflected on and menus being planned as we wait in anticipation for the Thanksgiving holiday.
I'll now be stepping off my soap box for the moment. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment