"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "

~Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Annual Hunt for the Prefect Pumpkin

We're old school around here. Call me no fun if you must but I'm not about to pay $9 a person to climb hay bales, run around in corn fields and pick up a pumpkin on the way out. Instead we went out to the nursery and have some good old fashion pumpkin patch fun.

The Little Man had a blast inspected all the rotting pumpkins (& smashing them afterward. His shoes where completely saturated with pumpkin guts.).
While, The Daughter had a blast finding the most usual shaped Pumpkins.
We brought along some family.
I love how this picture captured the joy my Mom has for her Grand kids.
Uncle Cody has developed a new shadow lately. It's super cute!

The Little Man wanted nothing to do with picking out a pumpkin so we opted to let him carry on with his exploring. He truly was having a good time. Who said everyone has to take a pumpkin home, anyways? 

And in the end, The Daughter choose this normal shaped one because it would be better for carving. So logical sometimes.




1 comment:

Becky said...

So Fun!!! I love that picture of your mom too. I just love pictures of grandparents with their grandkids, so special!!