"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "

~Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Fall Decor slacker

It's the first week of October and I don't have a single Fall decoration out. It's a first in my entire adult exsistance. Why? I'm not sure. Could it have to do with the unusually warm weather we've been having? The fact that it doesn't really feel like fall yet? Or that I'm just not feeling like myself? Or could it be I'm just  overwhelmed with other things? Young Womens? The kids? For whatever the reason it just hasn't gotten done. How weird.

So here's to wearing cozy sweaters, drinking apple cider, filling the house with the sweet smell of pumpkin goodies, and dressing the house for the coming occasions! I think I'm getting excited....  :) My goal for today: Get the decoration box out of the attic (along with a handful of other "To Do" items. :-))

BTW: The wreath was something I whipped up last fall after seeing the idea on a blog (sorry I can't remember where....). Love how it took all of maybe 10 minutes to do! Is it out...nope.

1 comment:

Joleen said...

I haven't started either. I usually try for conference weekend...but it almost never gets done then.