"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "

~Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Grateful Journal Day 1

Getting a bit of a late start this year on the annual pre-Thanksgiving grateful journal. Better late than never though, right?!

So on this Sabbath evening, I am very thankful for:

1. The knowledge that my Heavenly Father has a plan for me and my family. Makes it a little easier to endure the challenges we face when we know there is a purpose to the struggles even if we don't understand them at the moment.

2. The Young Women. As I have served them, faced challenges with them and gotten to know each of them I feel like they have become my own Daughters. I love them. I feel great joy when they over come a challenge, I cry when they are suffering and I pray for them each night.

3. Living close to family. So close that my parents dropped by this evening when they where out & about for no other reason that they had picked up a turkey on sale and thought we could use it for Thanksgiving. I love there generosity and desire to be involved in our lives.  I really enjoyed talking with them and plotting our turkey day. :)

4. That The Little Man is loving nursery finally I'm also thankful for the wonderful nursery leaders that have loved him though a very long journey to get him to this point. It has been an overwhelming experience at times for all involved since he turned 18 months but he has finally developed some copy skills and is learning to play with his peers!

5. Those that serve in the church. No calling is more important than an other. It takes all of us to make it work. I know that as we give of our time by serving in whatever calling we have our families are blessed. Thank you for teaching my children, watching over my family and being great examples.

No comments: