"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "

~Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Grateful Journal Day 3

Today I'm grateful for:

1. My cell phone. Do you recall the days of cords and not being able to leave the kitchen? OR the big planners that everyone carried? My phone does it all. Less clutter. More efficient. I love it!

2. Love notes. Over the years we've developed a tradition of writing notes in the condensation that collects on the bathroom mirror while showering. Now The Daughter has joined in on the fun too. Recently she wrote: "I love you Der famLee!" I love being surprised by such kind words as I get ready for my day.

3. Warm clothes and lots and lots of layers. It's seriously frigid here. I think it's forcasted to be -1 tonight...Makes me shiver just typing it.

4. My kids think I can make anything. They don't think I necessarily know everything but they sure do think I can create anything. I'm living it up while it lasts. Someday homemade things won't be so cool.

5. Great In-laws. I'm very blessed to have them in my lives. They're fun to be around, love unconditionally, dependable and super supportive. What more could you ask for? We just had great evening talking, laughing, and hanging out together.

No comments: