Our ward was involved in a split.(insert gasp here) We lost a chunk of our ward to create a new ward. A new ward, full of new friends and possibilities without having to box things up & beg people to help you move. Sounds great to me. However I'm in the minority on this one. Maybe that's just because I've yet to make any great friends in this ward. Don't get me wrong I know lots of people but I've yet to find someone that I feel like I can totally relate to, rely on, hang out with and not feel judged. Maybe if that was the case I'd feel differently......but probably not. I don't go to church to hang out. That's what play dates and girls night out (GNO) are for. The closest friends I've made in the ward are now in the new ward. I'll still see them. They haven't actually moved.
But regardless, change is inevitable. It will happen whether we want it to or not. The fact that our wards have grown to the monstrous size they where is a good thing. It means the church is growing in our area. While talking with an older lady in the ward last Sunday, she shared that she had lived in the same place for the last 60 years and has been in 6 wards (one of them being a branch). That's amazing! 60 years ago the church barely had a presents in the area yet now there is a temple standing tall, church buildings scattered through out, and members living in just about every neighborhood. Truely amazing!
I look forward to the possibility to get to know some of those that have been looked over now that the ward is smaller. I wait in anticipation to find out what callings we will now all hold with the reorganization of the ward. I'll admit if I'm releazed from Young Women I'll be sad, I might even shed a tear, yet life will go on. Who know's what the lord has in store for us. I'm reminded of the 2010 mutual theme: Joshua 1:9
"Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest."
1 comment:
You can't make a amazing lifelong friend in every ward! Sorry!! ;D
Miss you!
Post a Comment