"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "

~Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Grateful Journal Day 4

Happy Thanksgiving eve everyone! I've got Tom the Turkey taking a brine bath and things scattered about my kitchen all waiting to be prepared for the big meal.

So on yet another VERY chilly night, I am Grateful for:

1. A warm home. With a high of a whopping 15 degrees today and a low of 8 degrees tonight, I'm VERY grateful that our old heating system is hanging in there.

2. Clean sheets. I love the smell. The crispiness. How they retain some of the heat from the dryer (if I put them on right before I climb in...) It's pure joy over here tonight.

3. A "no place to go" kinda day. No school. No appointments. No mutual. Just the me & the kids hanging out, working on some projects, playing and getting ready for tomorrow's feast.

4. A great neighbor. We have a super nice older couple living next door that is always looking out for us. It's not uncommon for them to come knocking on the door ofter us treats (or a trampoline) or concerned because we haven't been coming and going. They always check-in with us if they are going out of town and we do the same with them. It's nice to know someone that cares is so close by.

5. The chance to stay home with the kiddos. We are greatly blessed to have Randy work so hard so that I can stay home and raise our wonderful children. I wouldn't want it any other way.

And now I'm off to climb into my warm bed and drift off for the night. :)

No comments: