Which then got me thinking about the wonderful blessing sisters are. When I got married, I not only gained a wonderful husband but also big sisters. Being the oldest in my family, I always wondered what it would be like to have big sisters. While some of them may see me just as a "sister-in-law", I see them as sisters. They cry with me, they laugh with me (and at times at me...don't all sisters do that?), they lift me up when I can't go on my own, and most importantly they make me feel loved.This is my little sister, isn't she beautiful?
We have a seven year age gap that at times has felt much greater yet somehow we still fit together. The older she has gotten, the less I feel like a parental figure and have had the opportunity to bond with her on new levels. I love that she is a blast to be around and that she tries hard to do the right thing. We laugh, and talk, and most importantly enjoy to be together. I strive to be open, supportive, fun and most importantly, a good example to her. I hope she will always know that I'm here for her.This is my best friend Jane.
We have been friends since we were three years old and let's face it, know more about each other than anyone else. We view each other as sisters, and I'm sure at times in our life together have had other convinced of the same.
We have been friends since we were three years old and let's face it, know more about each other than anyone else. We view each other as sisters, and I'm sure at times in our life together have had other convinced of the same. The power of sisters, regardless of how we are related, is phenomenal. Without these special bonds we would not be the people we are today. I'm thankful for all the sisters that I have and for the many that will come into my life in the future!
HURRAY FOR SISTERHOOD!!!!
3 comments:
Oh how sweet--I love my sisters!!
okay does big sisters mean large sisters or older sisters? Then I will decide on the hooray or not.
(I think I am so funny)
What a wonderful tribute. All the sisters in your life are lucky to have you for a sister.
Post a Comment