"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "

~Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, January 22, 2009

A big ball of nerves...

All I can say is despite my knowledge that my heavenly father has a plan for us, I fear.
I fear if we will be able to afford to get our car out of the shop, if we will have a job each morning with the layoff swirling around us, if we will be able to concur our school debt, what the future holds for us, and basically how we will make it from trial to trail. I fear scary times ahead. What is going on with me?

3 comments:

ran shae said...

i think i know exactly where you're at right now heather. we are facing another round of layoffs at jake's work, and i'm like, "but Lord, you just moved us halfway across the country, and for this?!". i'm in such a place of turmoil - knowing that He is good and has a plan for us, and wanting to trust that we can weather whatever comes our way with Him as our source, but at the same time being scared out of my mind! it's a very hard place to be. sometimes, though, i think this is right where God wants us - relying on Him and looking to Him for every answer. anyway, just wanted you to know that i am with you sister, even if we're not "compound" buddies anymore, we're still very much in the same place : ) keep us posted on how amazingly Jehova Jireh is meeting all of your needs - i know He will, and we all need the encouragement!

Heather said...

Thank you so much for your kind words. I hate that you are feeling the same stresses and concerns. It always sounds so simple. Have faith, not fear. However, when life struggles hit us is almost feels impossible!
I sure miss my "compound" buddies! Just thinking about you guys makes me smile. :)

stylist to the stars said...

You are awesome Heather and you should have no fear of anything to come. Comes back to the faith thing!