While busy hurrying from one thing to the next today and passing by this sign millions of times, it wasn't until my sweet little boy pointed to it did it cross my mind. Actually, it hit me like a ton of bricks...you dummy, have faith not fear!I love the comforting message Elder Jeffery R. Holland shared in the July 2004 Ensign. Here's the parts that struck me to my core and has lifted me up today.
"First, we must never let fear and the father of fear (Satan himself) divert us from our faith and faithful living. Every person in every era has had to walk by faith into what has always been some uncertainty. This is the plan. Just be faithful. God is in charge. He knows your name and He knows your need."
"Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ—that is the first principle of the gospel. We must go forward. God expects you to have enough faith, determination, and trust in Him to keep moving, keep living, keep rejoicing. He expects you not simply to face the future; He expects you to embrace and shape the future—to love it, rejoice in it, and delight in your opportunities."
"Is there a happy future for you and your posterity in these latter days? Absolutely! Will there be difficult times when those ominous latter-day warnings and prophecies are fulfilled? Of course there will. Will those who have built upon the rock of Christ withstand winds, hail, and the mighty shafts in the whirlwind? You know they will. You have it on good word. You have it on His word! That “rock upon which ye are built … is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men [and women] build they cannot fall” (Helaman 5:12)."
While I still worry about things, I'm trying to take my mind of my fears by remembering how grateful I am for the things that I have been blessed with. I will embrace change as it come our way (as, I know it eventually will) and try to make the best of things because I have faith that there is a plan for us and that we will never be alone as we face trials. Things will work out.
3 comments:
Seriously I have my fears too, and this was a nice comforting post. Sometime down the road I will look back on this time and realize how far we have come :)
I so agree. We forget that it is all it takes. Only if we never forget, right.
Heather you amaze me!
Post a Comment