"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "

~Gordon B. Hinckley

Saturday, January 3, 2009

A New Years Eve Celebration

This is the first year that we have included our daughter in the New Years festivities. She had no idea what the holiday was or what you do to celebrate it. How she has lived this long and not learned this I have no idea (can you say...mother of the year?), none the less this was a first for her and a first for us celebrating all by ourselves (we miss our college friends). So here's a run down of our night:
Enjoyed french toast casserole (breakfast foods are part of our holiday tradition)Played the Daughter's new games she got for ChristmasDevoured Fried Bread (another tradition)Getting our partiness onWatched movies together while drinking our Shirley templesHAPPY NEW YEAR at 10pm! We celebrated with the east coast so we could get her to bed...she didn't know any better!We hope you had a safe and enjoyable holiday.

1 comment:

RedWarthen said...

How Fun! I'd love your french toast recipe. I'm a big french toast fan. We had one for New Years Day breakfast, carmel apple french toast.