"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "

~Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, January 5, 2009

A new goal for a new year

Enough with this looking back business, let's start looking forward!
Here my goal for the new year:

LIVE IN THE MOMENT

While remembering the past is important and planning for the future is even more important, I tend to focus on them to much and often miss the pleasures of the present. I plan to enjoy my kids in their current stages and find joy in the right now because I will never get these days back!

1 comment:

ran shae said...

oh, i agree so much heather! thanks for posting this - it reminds me to stop and enjoy "right now" too. i think i spend too much time thinking about "when addi is potty trained" or "when caedmon outgrows this arguing stage!" that i forget i will miss these stages someday, and i need to enjoy them while i can : )