"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "

~Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, April 28, 2008

Visiting teaching blessings

I have developed such a great testimony of visiting teaching and the great importance of it. Through our visiting teaching groups I have made so many great friendships and had many great opportunities to serve the sisters & families around me. My VT sisters have been a huge blessing in my life & I am SO amazed at how well they know me.

Being served: Isn't this cake cool? I was in quite a funk when all of the sudden Jerica knocks on my door with this cake. A gal in our ward was teaching cake decorating classes a couple weeks ago & this is what she made (it's been a few weeks, I am slow to post).

Serving: This is Jerica's adorable little boy. They are moving this week (so sad!) and I was able to help out by watching him. It was so fun watching the boys play together & getting lots for hugs from them.
We will miss all of our friends as we move on to the next phases of our lives. I have learned so much from all of wonderful ladies that I have had the opportunity to get to know. I hope that they know how special they each are & I hope that we stay in contact with each other.

1 comment:

Gosfam said...

What cute play buddies. The cake is so cute too. Someday I want to do that. I love watching Ace of Cakes on the Food Network. Enjoy your busy graduation weekend with all the fam in town.