"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "

~Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Week of the Young Child

[Note: I have no idea what is going on with my post! It was composed & posted this morning (Friday), yet it says it was posted on Thursday & didn't show up on the blog until tonight. What the heck?! Blogger makes me so CRAZY sometimes!!!]

It's NAEYC's (National Association for the Education of Young Children) Week of the Young Child! It is a great reminder of how important the early years (Birth - 8yrs) build the foundation for children's success in school & in life. As you go about your weekend get involved with the children that surround you and help them to know how truly special they are. Remember that we are shaping children to be productive, responsible adults and that we are their BEST advocates !

I have had yet another busy week! Can I really get away with saying that any more? It seems that every week is crazy busy around here. In honor of the special week I have been trying to focus more on my children & making it a special week for us as a family. I am not sure how successful I have really been, so we plan to do a few fun things this weekend together. Let's hope for some nice weather!Now I am off to a preschool party... I hope you all have a great Friday!!

P.S. We may be moving...more to come in the next few days (can you say...stressful?!)

1 comment:

Gosfam said...

I had no idea for the week of the young child. That is so cool though. I have been looking into kindergarten and what not for Kendall who according to California can start this fall even though she isn't 5 until November. Trying to decide. Anyways I like the picture. What cute kids.