"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "

~Gordon B. Hinckley

Friday, April 11, 2008

A long camp day with the kids

Because I still had responsibilities at camp, I packed my kids up really early in the morning & brought them back with me on Thursday. Thank goodness for great kids!!! They followed me around as I taught my classes and my daughter was so thrilled to be at camp with the big kids. She wanted to do everything that the students were doing. I was luck enough to have three great TA's (6th & 7th graders) that loved doing things with the kids & helping me out when I needed an extra hand. Here are some pictures of the kids first experience going to camp:



This was what I looked like most of the time while doing things



Everyone was constantly stealing my son (I love his little cougs hat...so cute!)

checking out the sleeping arrangements...

One of my super cute TAs playing with the kids

Spending some time w/ grandma on her break. My mom even took her on a little hike around camp. She loved it!

Hanging out in the kitchen with grandma, while everyone was at campfire.
Overall, it was a great day filled with lots of things to do & lots of fun memories. My daughter still talks about it all the time& it was a great way for the kids to see where mom is when she is "at camp".

2 comments:

Gosfam said...

I have been waiting for this post and your return. I totally miss Camp Wooten. I would love to go up again someday whenever I make it back to the Tri-Cities. Thanks for allowing me to remember my years at Camp.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you were able to make it again this year and even with the kids. I can't wait to see you guys soon.

P.S. did you guys get a job or am I hearing rumors?
Megan