"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "

~Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Is it really spring? and a costco outing



I am not sure what is happening with our weather...I thought that it was spring now?! Obviously I was wrong because this is what we woke up to this morning...snow, slick roads, & schools delayed. From the looks of it, you would thing that it was the beginning of winter around here!
I guess this is what you get when you get your snow tires taken off?!
To make it even better, yesterday I ventured down to Clarkston to get new tires at Costco (they always have awesome deals) & to do my normal shopping. I LOVE COSTCO! When I went to pick up the car I realized that I did not have my checkbook nor did I have any idea where it was. I was concerned about were on earth the checkbook could be but thought... no big deal, I'll just us the debit card. I swipe the card & it comes back declined. I knew for a fact that I had the money to cover the after all I had just transferred the money from savings by phone that morning. I call the bank in a panic to which I discover that my debit card has a $250 spending limit per a day & that I would have to come in to the bank to fill out a form to authorize a spending limit increase(oh, and it would take 24 hours to take affect). GREAT, now what do I do? Luckily, they had just build a new bank a few blocks away, so we throw the kids in the stroller & start huffing it down the street to try to make it before the bank closes. Luckily, we made it just in time to withdraw the money & bale the car out and was able to make it back home just as it began to start snowing again. As crazy as the whole ordeal was, It could have been a lot worse and I definitely felt like I was being watched over. Not once did I feel stressed or scared and my kids were prefect through out the whole adventure. Thank you heavenly father for looking out for us & being with us.

P.S. Don't worry, I found my checkbook when we got home. I was paying bills the day before and some how had filed it instead of putting it back in my purse. I don't think I will do that again! :)

1 comment:

Gosfam said...

I am so thankful for warm weather. I would have been so stressed by the end of that "journey" what to keep your cool and get done what you needed to.