"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "

~Gordon B. Hinckley

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Happy Valentine's to ME!!!


I have been saving everything & watching eBay (& such) for the past year waiting for a great deal that I could afford. It finally happened & I have been shooting away every since the little brown truck dropped it off. I LOVE IT!!!!

Here are some of the pictures that I have shot in the last couple of days...they are by no means perfect but I think that I am starting to figure out all of the settings:

While it is not the best picture of the kids, I love how it shows the mothering that my daughter is doing. She was worried that his hair was sticking out & was attempting to calm it down. She is constantly taking care of and/or worried about her brother & he loves it!
I love those big brown eyes...this is what she looks like everyday after getting off the bus, always a combination of disheveled & exhausted. I am hoping that she will be in a picture taking mood this week as I was only able to get a few of her & they are pretty much all like this or worse.
I have taken so many pictures of Randy this week. I am not posting this one because of its awesomeness but because I have a question. Where the heck did all those computers come from & what is he doing that requires the use of them all at once? Must have been pretty important?!

5 comments:

mindsers said...

Congrats on your new toy. I can't wait to see your efforts with it. :)

Karen Tews Lien said...

You are going to have so much fun with your new camera!

Harper Family said...

Hooray for a new camera! I can't wait until I can afford a nice one too! Now your scrapbook pages will be even more awesome; thanks to a camera that will take great pictures!

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous of your new camera. Your pictures are lovely too. :)

Mandy said...

That's awesome that you got a new camera. A digital SLR? What kind? I want one! I'll have to talk to you in person to ask all about it. Our old dinosaur one is breaking, so I need a new one, it would be awesome if I could find a good deal, I want to know your tricks!