"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "

~Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Apple dip

Here is a very yummy apple dip. I found it so crazy that Becky Higgins has the same basic recipe on her blog. Guess it goes to prove that it is that GOOD!
Beat together the following:

8oz fat free cream cheese
1/2 C brown sugar
1/4 C white sugar (I use Splenda)
1 t vanilla extract
2-3 Heath bars crushed

Serve with apple slices (I like Fuji apples with this dip)
Apple Tip: to keep the apples from turning brown, I put them in zip lock bag, put a splash of lemon juice & water, then close the bag & toss. This works every time.

Hey Duane, did you notice the serving dish I used? Yep, that Randy's hot cocoa & toast dish. After begging Randy, he let me use it to serve my apples & dip at enrichment last night. I got many comments on how cool it was & they where so impressed that it was handmade.

2 comments:

Harper Family said...

Heather,

I was going to call you for the recipe after tasting it at last night's enrichment. I'm so glad you put it on your blog! It was yummy! Love the blog.
Amy

Wendy said...

Right because the Splenda counteracts the Heath bar :) You sound like me (drinking a Diet Coke neutralizes the calories in pizza, you know :)