"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "

~Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Year in review book



So here is my secret to keeping our family album current: At the end of the year I pick four pictures for each event that took place, make them into tags, print a title on coordinating paper, & fill out a questionnaire.





Here an example of an event questionnaire:

Event: Trip to Disneyland
Date: August 9th - August 19th, 2007
Location: Anaheim, California
With Who: Our family, Mike, Debbie, Krystal, & Cody Jeromie, his new wife Katie & her daughter came along also but spend most of the time doing there own thing.
Reason for Event: To visit Mickey Mouse again (this has become quite the summer tradition)
Favorite parts: California weather, watching our Daughter get so excited about every thing Disney, spending lots of time with Mindy, doing DCA with my family (this park was not open the last time they were there), watching the shows @ Seaworld, doing the character meals (this is by far the best way to see the characters), eating at the carnation cafe, going to the Blue Bayou (getting pirate hats for the kids & eating fancy desserts), riding the tea cups at least ten times a day (my daughters favorite this year), letting the kids pick out new jammies at the World of Dinsey story the night we got there, getting a buttons at city hall, finding fast passes on our stroller after dinner (made our day & gave Randy & I the chance to ride big kid rides), getting the kids silhouettes done, playing madlibs & top 5 games in the car, & spending so much time together.

In addition to all the events that happened in 2007, I also include 8 pictures highlighting important milestones of each family member through the year.
Here is the questionnaire that I do for each family member (this one is mine):

Favorite trip: going to California for a week
Best Book Read: the 7th Harry Potter book...it wasn't the best book of the series but I can’t think of any other books I read...I guess I need to start read outside of the bathtub.
Favorite Game: Seeing how much I can get done before the kids realize that I am not in the room.
Favorite TV Show: Totally loved Dancing with the Stars, Monk & of course The Office
Favorite movie: Pride & Prejudice (I have worn out the DVD)
Favorite phrase: Seriously?!
Favorite Meal: Asian chicken salad (lettuce, broccoli coleslaw mix, almonds, crispy chicken, & sesame-ginger dressing...yummy!)
Church calling: Sunday school family relations teacher
What car did you drive: Honda Odyssey... I know totally boring but you can't beat the space.
Where did you work: Redline from Pullman (yea, I still work from home).
Favorite Hobbies: scrapbooking, craft projects, photo editing & organizing/de-junking Something I’d Change: Get more involved in the ward...I have struggle to make good friends with anyone at church. I think that I tend to be so busy with the kids that by the end of the block I just want to get out of there. I guess I have something to work on this year!
Biggest Accomplishment: Doing seven days of Disneyland only six weeks after having a c-section. Yea, I’m crazy...but it was totally worth it!
That was hard: Keeping my emotions together while being prego...I hate emotional people & was determined to not be one of them!
Most touching moment: Catching my daughter telling my son about our family & showing him pictures in the morning before everyone got up. She had pulled a chair up next to the crib & he was staring & listening so intently...SO CUTE!
Biggest Change: Adding a baby boy to our family. We are a family of four now...CRAZY!!!
Worst Sickness or injury: Recovering from a c-section & reconstruction on 6/22/07

1 comment:

Mandy said...

What a cute idea! You are so good at that kind of thing, I'm not creative at all. I'm lucky if I get any photos in an album, let alone any kind of scrapbook. Good for you! I'm so happy to find your blog - now I can keep up to date with your family, which is so hard to do when you live so far away :) I will add you to my list of friends on my blog. Looking forward to more posts!
~mandy poteet