In hopes of finding housing & familiarizing ourselves with the town before driving a moving truck full of our stuff down, we decided to take a little road trip.
Note to all of you from the Palouse...driving hwy 95 (especially really late at night) totally SUCKS! Everyone will tell you that it is beautiful (which it was...at least what we saw before it got too dark) but no one mentions that it takes forever! I can't wait to live some where with interstate highways again! On a good note... I do want to go visit some of the spots we saw along the Salmon River once we get moved down there. Those little towns looked so fun.
We spend two days house hunting and came back with two good prospects but nothing final (still so stressful!).
The kids did great the whole time and we made sure to check out the parks (a.k.a play at all of them) that we came across. We have been so blessed to have such great travelers! Thank you kids for being so much fun and easy going.
This is what the little man did pretty much the whole trip down & back. I don't recall him crying at all while we traveled or looked at houses. GOOD BOY!
These are the only pictures of Randy or I from the whole trip...I have no idea why I am holding Momo ?!

While in town we discovered that they have a zoo downtown and we just had to check it out. It was a really nice and super cheap. They offer annual family passes for only $50...we will definitely be doing that!
This is the crazy girl with the Llamas...for some reason she loves to see them (we have them all over the Palouse). I am a little confused as to why they would have llamas at the zoo. Aren't they just a farm animal?
This is Sally with the llamas. No I did not post the wrong picture, Sally is there. She is my daughter's imaginary friend that happens to be a llama (that talks and does little girl things according to my daughter). 
This clam shell is from the barrier reef...can you believe it?
the little man enjoying the zoo
This monkey was super friendly & posed as soon as I got out the camera...if only I had brought my good camera. Guess that will teach me, good thing I had the point & shot with me to at least capture some of our moments.

and finally out navigator...she had a great time looking at the maps & talking our ears off!
1 comment:
I have been to Boise a few times and I have cousins around there. You will love it. Good Luck with the house hunting!!
Post a Comment