So my daughter has been very excited to be big & do "big kid" things suddenly. She is constantly making plans for when she grows up big like me and todays addition to her plan gave me the biggest smile. It went something like this:
A: Mom, you need a new baby
Me: What?! We already have a baby...
A: MOM...you need a baby 'cause when I get big like you, brother is going to live with me.
A: I can take care of him! He likes me!
A: You need another baby or you will be sad
Although I think that she may change her mind when she gets older, I though it was so sweet that she loves her brother so much that she wants to take him with her & not only did she think of how sad I will be when they moved away, she also found a solution to the problem by telling me to have another baby. Those are some great empathy & problem solving skills developing!
P.S. I am not planning on any babies in my near future...I at least have to forget about all the sleepless nights & pain before I can even began to go there again!
No comments:
Post a Comment