"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "

~Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Snow day...

We have been dealing with snow storms since before Thanksgiving & I am seriously TIRED of it. With that being said I will continue...
Today, I was determined to get to church. Between the kids being sick & the holidays it has been over a month since we have attended our own ward. I got up this morning to cranky kids (which is how every Sunday begins...Is it me making them cranky or is it that our normal schedule is messed up I wonder?), I was having one of those "The day would be much better if we just forgot going to church today & stayed in our jammies" kinda mornings when I convinced myself that we HAD to go to church (it is for the kids best intrest... right?) We got ready & surprisingly were only 5 mins late. Yep, victory for me! As far as I am concerned were close enough to being on time!
The kids were being surprisingly well during sacrament when the bishop disappeared & then came back to tell us that the rest of church was canceled & to go home RIGHT now. We had been getting snow all night & were suppose to get a ton more causing bad roads. So back in the car we went & home again we were. I have to admit that I was a bit perturbed that we had gotten ready to turn around an 45mins later to go back home but at the same time was very impressed that the bishop had listened to the promptings of the spirit. I would have never thought to check the weather/road conditions until I had walked past a window to remind me what was going on outside of our church building (The building has an amazing way of making me forget about everything else when I am in it). It was a great reminder to listen to that still small voice.
The day has surprisingly be nice, we watched movies, put our jammies back on, & even did some scripture reading. It was really nice to just be together without other meetings & errands distracting us and even to be reminded of how important the spirit is in our lives.

We hope that as this storm continues to hit the Northwest that you will all be in safety & be aware of your surroundings. We love all of you!!

No comments: