"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "

~Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Snow Day X5

Another day of waking up to blizzard-like conditions this time combined with high winds causing snow drifts up to four feet high & white outs! The weather is CRAZY!!!! Everything was shut down; school districts, WSU (yes, they really did close...First time ever since we have been here), bus systems, county offices, & even stores. Last time I heard, we had an additional 10 inches but it has contuined since then off & on so I really have no idea. We are expecting another 1-2 inches overnight (they are calling this light snow flurries now. That seems like nothing now! Here are some pictures from today:
Look at all the snow...It is begining to look like a tunel out there!
This car hasn't moved for over a week & now all you can see is the license plate. It looks like a huge snow ball
My son going out to experience the snow. I had him so bundled up he could not sit or really move his arms. He was only out for a few minutes because the wind was SO cold but he seemed to still have a good time. I have to laugh at his hat, it is a 3-6 months hat & yet it is still to big!

Notice how you can't even see the swings any more (CRAZY!). Sorry about the fence but I did not want to wade through the snow to get a better picture. No one has even been to the playground...problibly because those little legs can't get over there!

We always laugh every time it snows because Randy's car has this magical ability to repel snow. No matter how much it snows it doesn't stick on it. Well, today the snow finally sucessfully covered it! What happened, I wonder?

This should give you a good idea at how much snow we got to day: My car was totally cleaned off last night when I got home last night yet looks like it hasn't been moved in days.

These were the bushes behind us. If you look back through my post (I think from snow day x2?) you can see what they looked like earlier in the week (I wish I had some pre-snow pictures so you could really comprehend the amount of heavy wet snow we have).

No comments: