"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "

~Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, December 10, 2007

Our missionary...

This weekend we had my little brother's mission farewell. His is actually Randy's brother but I really feel like he is mine too : ) . It was a great but emotional weekend and we are so grateful that we were able to make it home to say a last good bye before he left. When we left for TC on Saturday, the roads were great & snow was not in the forecast but of course overnight the whole east side had a major snow storm leaving very nasty roads that we would have to brave to get back for finals. Luckily we are able to get back safely and all is well.




I still can't believe that he is old enough to be a missionary! We have watched him grow from a child into a great young man. We will miss him greatly but know that the he will make a difference in so many lives. The people of Argentina are so lucky to have him serve. I am so proud of Robbie & who he has become & a specially his willingness to dedicate two years to serve.


Before he left we got a few pictures:











My son is always so interested in his uncle Robbie & loves to "talk" & smile at him. If you notice we could not get him to look at anyone but him for the pictures. SO CUTE!!

1 comment:

mindsers said...

I'm so glad you shared these pics - I hadn't seen any of them. I'm glad you guys got to go see Robbie and were able to make it home safely!! M,D & Robbie only made it to Burley tonight because the roads were so bad. Can I tell you how happy I am that I'm flying tomorrow...and don't have to worry about the roads...
I can't wait to see you guys in a couple of weeks! :)