"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "

~Gordon B. Hinckley

Saturday, December 1, 2007

Life List

I love lists! They clearly show me all that things I want/need to accomplish and nothing bets being able to cross things off. Sometimes when I am struggling I break down big things into small projects just so that I can cross off more. Is that cheating? I don't think so!

Here is a list of all the things that I would like to do in my life:

Get a Digital SLR camera
Take photograph classes
Learn to digital scrapbook
Lose 20 lbs
Exercise more often
Be a home owner
Finish school
Visit England
Experience autumn in New England
See the national capital
Go to Hawaii
Go to Disneyworld
Visit New York City
Experience Salt Lake City
Visit Church history sites
Do my Family History
Learn to Ballroom Dance
Tap again (I tap danced from the age of 4 until I was sixteen and really want to go back!)
Dress nicer but still comfortable
Get my patriotically blessing
Start camping as a family
Go fly fishing with my dad
Convince my husband he likes the great outdoors
Learn to golf
Go target shooting
Learn to fire a pistol & maybe even own one
Go to CKU
Take a class from Becky Higgins
Stay in touch better with the family
Call friends more often
Have a positive attitude
Gossip less
Set a goal to attend the temple more often
Get to know the sisters I visit teach better
Encourage my children to be the best they can be
Show my children how much I love them
Learn to be a better parent
Finish one craft project before moving on to the next
Finish all the project sitting in the office
Spend more quality time together as a family
Have a fun car again! (The van is best now but isn’t nearly as fun as my old cars.)
Go on a Getaway with my best friend Jane
Scrapbook our many trips to Disneyland
Get Annie’s scrapbook caught up
Have people over for dinner & games more often
Go on dates with my hubby
Be more diligent about saying my prayers
Organize our closets
Learn to love all of the seasons

I had better get working on these things...the list is getting quite long & is still growing! : )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is quite a list Heather. I think I would be WAY overwhelmed. It feels good to get it all written down though, huh? I should call you Mrs. Ambicious (I hope I spelled that correctly.) :) You've inspired me to start creating a list too.