"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "

~Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Pumpkin chocolate chip muffins

I saw this on Becky Higgins blog and had to try them. I love pumpkin anything and was very surprised at how light & fluffy they are. To make this even better, it is so easy your kids can make them. I altered the recipe to make it WW friendly and have included it below.

1 Cup + 2 Tablespoons Cake Flour
Note: always use cake flour when cooking with applesauce to keep the product moist. If using oil use 1 Cup all-purpose flour instead
½ Cup Sugar & ½ Cup Splenda (or 1 Cup Sugar, no Splenda)
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
¼ teaspoon Salt
¼ teaspoon Cinnamon
½ Cup Egg Beaters (or 2 Eggs Beaten)
1 Cup canned pumpkin
½ Cup Unsweetened Applesauce (or ½ Cup oil)
1/3 Cup Chocolate Chips

Mix all ingredients together & pour into 12 paper lined or greased muffin cups. Bake at 350 Degrees for 20 -25 minutes and enjoy.

WW points: 2 muffins = 3 points

2 comments:

mindsers said...

ah look at your little baker! those muffins look fantastic...I just might have to give those a try this weekend. :)

mindsers said...

I made these muffins tonight and they're really good! :)