"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "

~Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A somber moment

Every once in awhile I am reminded how blessed we are and how thankful I am for the promptings we received (& still receive) while making our move to the Boise area. The hand of the lord has been so prevalent in our lives recently and has truly kept us safe and on the right path. Monday night a horrible fire broke out in South Boise in the neighborhood that we were originally planning to move to. The fire obliterated 10 homes, damaged 9 more, and one person died in a matter of minutes three streets away from what we thought was our dream home. Words can not completely describe the feelings I have for following the prompting to look elsewhere to live despite the house meeting all of our needs plus more. Who knows what would have happened had we not listened to that still small voice of the spirit. For this I am so very thankful. My heart goes out to all those who have been affected by the fires and they continue to be in our prayers.

1 comment:

Joleen said...

We are SOOOO glad the spirit guided you to our neighborhood!!!! We love getting to spend time with you guys! Devin wants to know when he gets to play with Annie again! I told him it might be a while since he's in Am Kindergarten and she goes to school in the PM! Sorry Dude! We'll have to get together soon! :)