"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "

~Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Beijing Olympics 2008

We are loving the Olympic around our house and our T.V. is most often tuned in (the Olympics don't count as screen time, right?).
It's been great watching all of the amazing athletics from all of the world yet I am left worrying about so many of these young people and if they are getting to experience a childhood. Guess this is another issue for another night....

Here are some of the sports we have been enjoying:
Gymnastics (Go Shawn Johnson (USA) on taking the gold last night! We have been cheering her on all week.)
Track & Field
Swimming
Diving
Beach volleyball (what is up with the women's lack of uniforms? It's more like they're playing in their underwear!),
& some of the equestrian.

What are your favorites?

3 comments:

Joleen said...

I love the gymnastics!! But the swimming finals were fun to watch too. I don't enjoy watching track & field, but Tim does. And since he suffered through gymnastics for me, I'll suffer through track & field for him! :D

mindsers said...

I'm currently without TV so I've been missing the live action but I've been keeping up with the events online every day. I did see the last gold Michael Phelps and his team won and I have to say it may be a good thing I don't watch all this stuff live because I was getting way to wrapped up in it! :)

Anonymous said...

beach volleyball all the way! The men's final was awesome last night, huh? I was so tired, but I had to stay up and cheer them on. I agree with you about the women's lack of uniforms. Yikes...I can't imagine playing in that. There would be sand all up in your goodies. :) I hope that's not too graphic for you blog Heather. Are you guys loving Boise?