Join me on a recap of our move.
Monday:
It took one trailer, three vehicles, most of a day and great Pullman friends to fit all of our stuff in. (I do have one question...Where did all that stuff come from?)We hurried & cleaned the old apt. & we headed to the Tri-Cities in time to hit a horrible wind storm.
[In the frantic fight to fit everything in & get things clean, I neglected to take any pictures...I can't believe it!]
Tuesday:
Here is the van all loaded up with happy kids and all...
Monday:
It took one trailer, three vehicles, most of a day and great Pullman friends to fit all of our stuff in. (I do have one question...Where did all that stuff come from?)We hurried & cleaned the old apt. & we headed to the Tri-Cities in time to hit a horrible wind storm.
[In the frantic fight to fit everything in & get things clean, I neglected to take any pictures...I can't believe it!]
Tuesday:
Here is the van all loaded up with happy kids and all...

The drive started out uneventful, with the normal "are we there yet?" questions and potty stops until we hit Cabbage Hill...that was when it really got fun! It was blizzard like conditions with 3-4 inches of snow on the road. Ya, it's June...must be global warming?! (I didn't dare attempt to take a picture while driving in the snow...this is in La Grande)

All is well...everyone made it through the pass and were enjoying the "Across the Universe" soundtrack (BTW...love it) when this happened to the trailer...

Luckily Dad was able to keep the trailer under control & get it to the side of the road. No worries...we had a spare. The Boys (really my Dad) were able to get the spare on and we then had to search for a the nearest tire shop. 

We were able to find a truck stop & get a new tire...things were good again!

Only 35 miles to go...it's a bit hard to focus & drive at the same time...will have to work on that :)

Finally at our new house

Let's get the stuff unloaded

Dang...that trailer is full!

A super helper

Now we are left with a sea of boxes that we are slowly but surely getting unpacked and having some fun in our new town in between. Thank you so much to everyone that helped us with the move...we greatly appreciate it! :)
[stay tune...once things are unpacked I will post some pictures of the house that we are loving]
1 comment:
It was certainly an eventful move! :) It sounds like you're all getting settled and loving it!
Post a Comment