"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "

~Gordon B. Hinckley

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Flirty Apron Making...

When the women are left on their own for a weekend, you can bet we'll be getting our craft on! Randy, his brothers, and father all left for a road trip to Idaho to drop off the newly returned missionary at college (he starts BYU-I Monday), and I had the perfect craft project we could all do together. I found this A-line apron pattern awhile ago and have been dieing for time to whip one up for the past month but Christmas project came first.

In the making:

Megan teaching Linda how to sew
The finished results:

The four of us (Megan, myself, Linda, & Val)
An attempt to take a picture of it myself
Then calling in one of the children to take one for me.

I love it! I know some things I would change next time around and can't wait to make the half apron version next. Anyone up to making that one with me? Crafting with company is always more fun... :)

2 comments:

Joleen said...

Come on down! I'm in need of a new apron!!!! (and some Heather time!!!)

Alli Blue said...

More like a hot mama apron! I love the print! You are just adorable!