Many have laughed at my old trusty sewing machine but it just kept on sewing, just about as good as the new models. Don't get me wrong, it had some quirks but I like to think of it more as having character (not so negative, ya know?). Over the past few years I would get the urge to buy a new fancy pants machine and would then have to convincing myself I don't need one. After all, I use a straight stitch for just about everything except maybe when feeling a little WILD and use the cris-cross or blanket stitch! I know, I live a dangerous life. :)
Wouldn't you know it, after voicing recently how I've come to terms with the fact that I don't need a new one and having lost the desire to even look at the new ones, my machine would sewed it's last stitch right in the middle of a project. Leave it to her to go out with drama...it's been sassy machine from the moment we first met! After rushing the machine to the repairmen with great hopes that they would be able to save her, I discover that age finally caught up to her. Parts had been discontinued 15 years ago and there was nothing they could do...sad day.P.S. Have no fear, between finding a last years model on major sale, my Christmas money (thank you grandma), and a Rewards check, I was able to get a new machine. Nothing fancy but perfect for me. Now I'm off to work on Young Womens stuff so I can get back to my apron projects. :)
2 comments:
I really want to get sewing--too bad I didn't live right next door for someone like you to teach me.
Leslie, next time your in town we could totally do a project. I've always got something I'm thinking up!
Post a Comment