"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "

~Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Grateful Journal Day 4

1. Nap time. Every Sunday afternoon we home from church, start dinner, and all lay down to relax for a few moments. While I don't actually nap, I enjoy the chance to relax and enjoy the complete silence of the house. It's wonderful!

2. My membership in the church. What a blessing this has been in my life.

3. A warm meal. Nothing hits the spot like a piping hot bowl of Potato chowder on a such a cold wet & super WINDY day like today.

4. Giggles. The uncontrollable giggles that echo out of the kids room as they should be drifting off at night even if it's an attempt to keep themselves awake a bit longer.

5. The chance to study the gospel. My evening was spend studying, pondering and writing a talk. I'm not thrilled to give a talk next weekend in sacrament meeting however I am very grateful for the chance to expand my knowledge and grow a bit more.

No comments: