It's that time of year again. Can you believe we are exactly one week away from Thanksgiving? I sure can't! Where has November gone? We've been so busy with things, it's just passed us right on by.
Here we go, with an attempt to bring the season of "Thanks" to the forefront of our minds; I am Grateful for...
1. Plumbing that works. After last weeks plumbing adventures, I'm so thankful that a.) the shower faucet now tuns OFF (yes, you read right, the faucet failed leaving the water running full blast, no way to shut it off) and b.) that we don't have to run outside to turn the main water on every time someone needs to go potty.
2. The knowledge and skills to cook things from scratch. I like knowing exactly what's in the meal I prepare for my family and knowing that if I'm out of boxed mixes I can still whip up a mighty fine tasting cake. I am all about being self-sufficient.
3. For a willing child that cleaned her room. The daughter is a pack rat, no question about it. While putting some clothes away I discovered that she had little "treasures" stashed everywhere (in little boxes, under the bed, behind the dresser, you name it, she had something there!) With little to no disagreement, we pulled everything out, threw away some, sorted the rest, and organized it appropriately. Now she still has her treasures and the room is clean!
4. Photographs. They hold all my happy memories. I can't help smile when I glance through them. :)
5. A canceled meeting. The stress of the evening has just been slightly relieved. Sorry to hear the Bishop is not feeling well though. :(
Join me in making a list of things you are grateful. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment