"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "

~Gordon B. Hinckley

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Grateful Journal Day 3

I'm Grateful for:

1. A Lazy Saturday. It's a very rare occurrence here at our house. Worked on projects here & there and enjoyed not having to rush from place to place.

2. Pumpkin Treats. I love pumpkin shakes, pies, bars, cookies. Yummy! (Thank you to my awesome, super sweet, thoughtful husband for bringing me a pumpkin spice milk shake! what a great and unexpected surprise!)

3. Super cheap Turkeys. Got to love this time of the year. We're stocking up!

4. Shopping by myself. No children (of my own at least) to worry about while dodging carts at the grocery store for me today, it was nice. Now, if only the store hadn't been so crazy...you'd think Thanksgiving was this week?!

5. The sweet things kids say. While dropping a Turkey off at my Mother-in-law's, my 2 yr old nephew took my hand and declared "I ready to go...come on let's go to your house!" I'm so glad that after spending most of the week with me & my kids he still wants to come back. Melts my heart.

Now I'm off to watch a movie with the hubby and enjoy the rest of the evening.

2 comments:

Joleen said...

I missed you around 12:01 Friday morning. I was at home in bed...but wished we were at the theater together!!!! Maybe next year?!?!?

Heather said...

We should make it a goal for next year. Maybe we should make a getaway out of it. Both met somewhere in the middle...could be fun. ;)