To help her understand better we've been playing a very simpified version of Monopoly. She has by no means mastered the concept but I feel like every time we play she understands just a little more.
"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "
~Gordon B. Hinckley
~Gordon B. Hinckley
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
A chance to learn about money management
Given our financial position, we have been scaling back on the things that are not a necessity in our life and felt it would be a prefect opportunity to teach the daughter while doing so. She has a rough idea that you have to work to earn money but has been struggling with the concept that just because she has $2.00, doesn't mean she can't has enough to take us all out to Red Robin, as sweet as that is.
To help her understand better we've been playing a very simpified version of Monopoly. She has by no means mastered the concept but I feel like every time we play she understands just a little more.
To help her understand better we've been playing a very simpified version of Monopoly. She has by no means mastered the concept but I feel like every time we play she understands just a little more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
my daughter is ready for that lesson. She thinks everytime we go to the store she can get something. You just need money she will say, and yes we do :) I actually never thought of monopoly--not sure why, but thanks for the idea
I am so glad that you can find the positive in all of this. We caan't wait to see you :)
My girls just told me they wanted to go to Disney Land and I said it costs lot's of money. Their answer???? We'll take our piggy banks!!!!
Post a Comment