A certain blond haired little girl as been requesting a Wendy nightgown(from Peter Pan)for months now. After many hours spent searching online & in stores I have come to the conclusion that nightgowns are a thing of the past! My only resort was to attempt to make one. I had never made clothes before but thought what better way to start then with something that would be drooled on and rarely since by the public! So here is the results. I attempted to make the nightgown bigger (the pattern only went up to 4t) but some how messed up the ruffle (it was 6 inches to small to fit around the bottom)...so no ruffle. I am pretty proud of myself for actually finishing it! Here it is:


In honor of its completion we are now watching Peter Pan...big mistake! She has noticed that it is missing the ribbon that ties in the back. She is was so polite when telling me but still very concerned that I had forgotten an important part. Thank you for taking my feelings into
concentration sweet girl! I actually intentionally left it off because I was torn as to whether or not it was a good idea to put a tie on a nightgown. Seems like a bit of a safety issue? It's a good thing it was an easy pattern...I may have to make another one!
1 comment:
Way to take on sewing something. Very cute and your daughter is happy even if the tie is missing :)
Post a Comment