"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "

~Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thursday Thankfuls...

As many know, this has been one of many tough weeks we have been facing as we adjust to our new life in a new place. I am loving our new life but it has brought many changes to us that can be overwhelming and at times stressful. I am reminded of the song "count your blessings" today, so here you go... Here are the things I am so very thankful for this fine Thursday!
*My husband who loves me despite my many quirks
*My sweet easy-going little boy
*My super helpful daughter (she has been extra helpful this week without even being asked!)
*My knowledge of the gospel
*Great friends in my new ward
*A supportive family
*A nice home to live in
*A soft comfortable bed
*Our health
*Food on our shelves
*Lots of shopping options
*My memories
*beautiful weather
*The Internet & e-mail (what would I do without it?)
*The ability to laugh & be silly
*Having Randy back tomorrow!

What are you thankful for today?

1 comment:

Joleen said...

Today I'm thankful for my new friend Heather!!!
No Really- I am!! :D
*I'm also thankful for my mother-in-law who has been watching my 1 1/2 year old twins while I take the older 2 to swim lessons!
*And for my (sometimes grumpy) husband, who is willing to fill 200+ water balloons for our 5 year old's birthday party!
*And for a good book to escape into when it is all just toooooo much! :D