"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "

~Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Welcome to the hive!

When a girl turns 12, she advances into the Young Womens program at our church and is called a beehive.What better thing to present her with then....

Some yummy beehive cookies 
And a personalized note?!

It's the perfect welcome to Young Women gift, if you ask me. :)


 In addition to the cookies, I stop by the Young Women's house the week of her Birthday to welcome her, present her with her books & scripture bag (that the beehives made for all the incoming girls while learning to sew this past summer) and explain the program to her. It's such an exciting time for both the young woman & us leaders!

3 comments:

Joleen said...

What a cute cute idea! You are so stinkin' creative. I miss my craftin' buddy!

Becky said...

Those are so cute, and easy!! Love it!

May said...

I haven't had a chance to look at your blog in so long! These cookies are awesome! Next project: chocolate cover pie :)